Good Morning Trench Sisters!
This week closes out our Content Author Introduction series and I hope you have dived in getting to know our three new authors. They have certainly enjoyed writing for you and connecting with you. Their stories and introductions are on the website and you interact with them on our Facebook page. I'm also adding them to our website's About page for when you want to contact them directly.
Amelia and I always knew we wanted four content authors and deciding on the first three was pretty easy. After a couple of "no's" , the fourth author felt like a pipe dream. Amelia was the one who said that I should considered taking on the fourth author role. Not going to lie I was hesitant. For the last 6 months I have been running all of SFTT behind the scenes, everything from learning website development to social media to graphic design. Did I really want to take on writing too? I sat on the decision for a few weeks and in the end, yes I love writing and I missed that connection with you all. So here I am adding monthly writing to my roles and I'm so excited to share in this way with you again. Between my original stories, Facebook Lives, Jen's Journals and other newsletter you know me pretty well so below is 10 things you probably don't know but should know about me.
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME
- I need at least two cups of coffee in the morning to get moving.
- I'm a book nerd. I love strolling around book stores and our local library. I escape into fiction and absolutely love skimming through cookbooks.
- I'm complicated. Extrovert & Introvert. Hot & Cold. Passionate & Lazy. Quirky & Intelligent.
- I hibernate in my house during Chicago's winters.
- I love cooking challenge shows especially Top Chef (my favorite being Chicago restaurant owner Stephanie Izard).
- After gastric bypass surgery, I named my new stomach Sylvia because it acts like a cranky old wanker.
- My best friends are called the Unicorn Posse and each one of them has a nickname.
- I'm an only child so my Posse is my family.
- There is a long list of things I can't do (hard boil eggs, garden, keep a plant alive, sew...)
- I am madly in love with my children. I cherish every cuddle, every kiss, every hand holding. I dread the day those things aren't cool anymore.
We still have a few openings for our Friendship series next month. February will a month of sharing about the times our friends jumped in the trench with us, showed up and loved unconditional. Or the times that you did the same for your friend(s). Begin your submission process here.
NEW FACEBOOK GROUP
Be on the lookout this week for your invitation into SFTT's private Facebook group. Invitations will be sent to email subscribers only and will allow for one month of private access before we open the group to the rest of SFTT followers.
Founder, Stories from the Trenches