Good Morning Trench Sisters!
I woke up this morning to several inches of snow and the snow plows moving through my street. The temperature plummeted again and even my husband is going to work from home to avoid the weather. How are you surviving this winter or do you live in a state that doesn't get this blistering cold?
These last couple weeks you have met Missy & Amelia, two out of the four new content authors. You can head to the website to read their introductions and stories. Also you interact with them on our Facebook page!
When asked about the most interesting or significant part of me, the answer is easy: I am a mother. I have three miracle babies, two who I get to cuddle every day and one who couldn’t stay. I wear the title of ‘Bereaved Mother’ like a badge of honor, my battles with grief my greatest triumphs as I strive for balance in my life after loss.
I became both a mother and a bereaved mother in April 2013, when my first baby, Maeve died during an induced labour. I have since survived two further pregnancies, both fraught with worries, but worth every anxious second to bring Maeve’s siblings home.
Since losing Maeve, I have found solace in writing. I hope that by sharing my journey, I might be able to offer some comfort to other grieving souls, as I have found such great support within the inspiring community of warrior parents.
I live in Ayrshire, Scotland, where life is a beautifully chaotic and complicated ride of parenting all three of my children. I can be followed on instagram at @the_maeve_effect.
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT JESS
- I am a mother of three
- I became a bereaved mother when my first baby, Maeve died in April 2013
- IVF survivor (8 cycles, 13 transfers)
- I live in Ayrshire in Scotland, but am originally from London, England
- I have also lived in Washington DC and Pittsburgh, and spent 6 summers in beautiful New Hampshire
- I love to travel and have previously lived and worked/volunteered with children in Bolivia, Kenya and Ecuador
- I am a former gymnast and dancer with delusional beliefs in my enduring capacity for skills that would in fact now break me
- I am a qualified social worker
- Netflix addict
- And an aspiring writer
Now accepting submissions for our February series - Best Friend Therapy. A month of sharing about the times our friends jumped in the trench with us, showed up and loved unconditional. Or the times that you did the same for your friend(s). Begin your submission process here.
Founder, Stories from the Trenches